Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish Coffee Cupcakes











Happy St. Patrick's Day! I wanted to make a fun dessert to adorn with my cute marzipan shamrocks and found this interesting Irish coffee cupcake recipe to try. My sister and I both get Martha Stewart Living and often try the different recipes and she brought this to my attention. I love coffee, love Irish cream and love cupcakes, so what's not to love with these?



Here are the secret ingredients. Bailey's Irish cream and instant espresso powder turn ordinary cupcakes into Irish coffee cupcakes!












While I had the espresso powder out and the water boiling, my mum and I decided to enjoy an espresso while I tried this recipe. It sure kept me alert through the rest of the day to stay up and decorate them!










I was excited to use my new curly Q baking cups from Bake It Pretty!











Here is the espresso infused cupcake batter. It looks like coffee, right? It sure tasted like coffee!










Here is the coffee batter in the cups and the nicely baked cupcakes just out of the oven.













Now we let them cool and waited a while to frost and decorate them.


The frosting was a simple whipped cream frosting made with heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with a hint of Bailey's Irish cream. It has such a nice flavour!











I experimented with decorations and even tried to turn my Irish coffee cupcake into a mug with the addition of a partial fudge pretzel.










Some were topped with my marzipan shamrocks and others were dusted with espresso powder. They were not my favourite tasting cupcakes, but were perfect for the occasion and fun to make.










No comments:

Post a Comment