Monday, March 8, 2010

Cookie of the Month - Peanut Butter






Starting this month, I'm going to make at least one cookie to feature each month. Some of them I may have made previously (but can't resist making again) or I will try a different variation or some completely new cookie recipe that I've never attempted previously. This past weekend I made peanut butter cookies because we had a craving for something sweet at my mum's and happened to have all the ingredients to make these, including just enough peanut butter. Peanut butter cookies with the classic criss-cross pattern with the fork is something I always remember my mum making growing up. The cookies my mum would typically make from time to time were chocolate chip, peanut butter, no-bake and oatmeal with raisins, chocolate chips and coconut. So, while we visited after dinner, I made the peanut butter cookie dough, rolled balls of dough in sugar and flattened them with the criss-cross pattern to bake. The pattern didn't hold well with this recipe and that may be due to the fact that we used margarine instead of butter as it was all we had on hand. However, they were the perfect consistency and sure satisfied our sweet tooth with a cold glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment