Thursday, February 18, 2010

Strawberry Cream Cheese


I went to a friend's place for a play date and she had fresh strawberry cream cheese she bought from a local bakery to serve with bagels. I was just about to call and ask specifically where she bought it so I could get some, but I realized how very easy it would be to make. I used just three ingredients - cream cheese, confectioners (powdered) sugar and strawberries (see below for the recipe). You could add more powdered sugar if you like it to be sweeter, but it was so creamy, fresh and tasty on my toasted bagels for breakfast this past week. It was easy mixing all the ingredients together in my food processor as it chops the strawberries nicely. Or, you could finely chop the strawberries first and cream it together with a wooden spoon or spatula also. I stored it in an air tight container in the refrigerator and it kept nicely for several days. It would be a great idea for a brunch or breakfast gathering to make a few different kinds with a variety of fruits.


Recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese

Mix the following together in a food processor:

8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened (1 box)

2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1 cup fresh strawberries (stemmed and hulled)

No comments:

Post a Comment