Sunday, February 21, 2010

Applesauce Spice Muffins


I don't know whether I'd call these muffins or cupcakes. Anything with frosting on top seems to be more officially a cupcake. Either way, they are very tasty and would be perfect with a hot cup of tea or coffee - morning or afternoon. I had some leftover cream cheese frosting from the Valentine cupcakes and extra applesauce that my mother-in-law had made so this was the perfect recipe to come across. The taste is reminiscent of carrot cake with the mixture of spices that is used, but it is a smooth batter with the creamy frosting to finish it off. These were fairly easy to make, especially since I had the frosting already made. I actually chose to bake them just in the tins without cupcake papers and with using the baking spray, they came out of the muffin tins perfectly. I used to always question how much batter and how to easily get it in the tin. The easiest thing for me to do is scoop the batter in using a 1/4 cup measuring cup and just make sure they are all as even as possible so the muffins look consistent after they are baked. These would be perfect for a weekend treat for breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea. If you're interested in making them, check out the recipe from Martha Stewart. Again, my husbands' colleagues will be receiving a new treat tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment