Sunday, January 26, 2014

Birthday Cake Pops

Wow...it's been more than two years since my last post. Much has happened in the past few years since my baking prime of 2010. I have lost and I have gained. I have grieved and I have loved. I have moved and moved on. I have grown. I have also been incredibly busy. That does not mean that I have not baked, but I certainly have not baked as much and I have not taken the time to share what I've baked.

So, here I am...finally getting around to sharing a few highlights of celebrating Miss A's birthday the past few years.

Here are the ice cream cone cake pops for celebrating birthday number 4 with her class. They were made using the bottom portion of sugar cones, filled with jelly beans, topped with a confetti cake ball, drizzled with two different colored candy melts and then topped with sprinkles and candy "cherry."



For birthday number 5, we had a Hello Kitty theme, so I tried to re-create the amazing Bakerella Hello Kitty pops. Some looked more like Hello Kitty than others, but overall they turned out great and were a hit with the birthday girl and her Kindergarten class. 


In addition to the Hello Kitty cake pops for her 5th birthday, we also made these tea cup cupcakes with the extra cake batter to have our very own birthday celebration - complete with a sparkling "A" - in the park.





No comments:

Post a Comment