Friday, June 17, 2011

Peach and Blackberry Custard Tart


We have enjoyed all the fresh peaches at the farmers market the last few weekends and they are always giving out samples (which Audrey loves).  I've gotten several just to eat and decided to bake something with them this past week.  I have also been buying lots of blueberries and blackberries and thought the flavor and color contrast would be nice.


This tart was adapted from a recipe published recently in Martha Stewart Living for Peach-Custard Pie.  I chose to make it a more dainty tart and add the blackberries and I quite like my variation. The instructions for peeling the peaches was amazing and I thought the "naked" peaches were so pretty.  You scored them, boiled them for a minute and then placed them in an ice water bath before peeling.


What's not to like about custard?


I started putting the blackberries just in the center and ended up placing them around the entire tart so everyone would have a bit of blackberries. 


Add a huge dollop of fresh whipped cream and it's complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment