Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fondant Topped Cupcakes



If you have seen previous posts on this blog, these cupcakes might remind you of something...my birthday cake, which is when I had initially made the fondant and attempted wrapping a cake and decorating it with fondant. Since I had extra leftover, I decided to use it to decorate the tops of cupcakes and made them to take to our neighborhood picnic.

I found these adorable bright green cupcake papers with white polka dots from Bake It Pretty that were perfect for this.

Using lots of cornstarch to keep it from sticking, I rolled out the fondant and cut out different sized circles of each color.


White chocolate buttercream was spread on the vanilla cupcakes and topped with circles of white chocolate fondant.


They look like those hard candy discs that some cupcake shops put on their cupcakes, but these fondant circles are SO much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment