Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Filet Takeout

Everyday has its rewards. Mine today was a lovely filet dinner that my husband brought home to me from the golf club. After a full day at the office, a fun evening of reading and playing with my baby daughter, Audrey, and serving her a three course meal, it was a wonderful treat to enjoy a three course meal of our own after she was sleeping peacefully. This meal involved no waiting for a table, perusing a menu or entertaining the baby while we wait for our meal.

We enjoyed our gourmet takeout along with a bottle of red wine. We are short on the grocery store variety and ended up opening a bottle of red that we brought back from France a few years back. It was a 2001 Perrin Reserve Cotes du Rhone that was simple, smooth, tasty and perfect with my meal of filet, asparagus and fried croquettes of mashed potato. To start, I had a salad with tomato, cucumber, blue cheese and balsamic dressing. Yum!

I was also happy to find that we can restock the wine rack and buy this wine online for a mere $10 a bottle (www.wine.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment