Monday, July 12, 2010

Nutella Filled Donuts



I LOVE Nutella. I've always looked at it as a breakfast treat and especially like it paired with banana...like Nutella on toast with sliced banana and Nutella and banana crepes. When I saw a post on the Tartelette blog with a recipe for donuts filled with Nutella I knew I had to try them. I had a lot of family visiting this past weekend, so while we enjoyed yogurt parfaits with the lemon curd I made last week, I attempted to make these donuts.
Nutella is quite thick, so I stirred it up in a dish before putting it in the piping bag. I also prepped everything - a plate to put the donuts after they were fried (which I lined with paper towel), a piping bag with Nutella and a sifter with powdered sugar to sprinkle on the fresh donuts.

The batter was delicious made with whole milk ricotta. I found it difficult to keep the temperature steady to fry the donuts, so the first few batches seemed to fry to quickly on the outside before completely cooking the inside. But, I got it down after a while and ended up with pretty golden donuts that were filled with Nutella and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and oozing with warm Nutella....then washed down with a strong cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment