Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies, Take Two

I had a few occassions this past week that called for bringing along a hostess gift and had a few extra jars of peanut butter in the pantry, so I decided to try my peanut butter cookie recipe this time around. I used real butter (the only way to go) and the consistency of the dough was much better. I also had used crunchy peanut butter the first go around and much prefer using creamy peanut butter for a smooth texture to the cookie.


I love using a small ice cream scoop to drop the cookies, then I rolled them all out before doing the criss-cross pattern with the fork. I tried some rolled in sugar and some without and we voted for going without in the future. The sugar makes them glisten and adds a bit of a crunch, but without they are nice and simple and seem to stay a bit chewier on the inside.






Using the small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop is not only easier, but helps you to get nice uniform sized cookies. They don't always need to be perfect, but it helps for packaging them. We tested just a few and the rest were packaged to take to my friends that I was visiting for playdates. I love using different boxes like this and place individual sheets of parchment between the cookies. If I don't have these boxes, I stack the cookies in a cellophane bag and secure it with a tie or pretty ribbon.








No comments:

Post a Comment